Are you a new patient at Goodridge Family Dentistry? Even if it’s not their first time, most people dread going to the Dentist Chapel Hill NC, and the first time can be especially intimidating. Knowing what to expect ahead of time can help you prepare.
A First Dental Visit: What To Expect
Dr. Goodridge will review the patient’s medical history during the first dental visit, including current health conditions, medications they are taking, recent procedures, and any intolerances. He’ll go over how certain medications can affect your oral health.The patient will have the opportunity to discuss any dental-health or cosmetic dental concerns they may have. The teeth will be X-rayed.
Dr. Goodridge will conduct an examination to evaluate the health of your teeth, gums, and soft tissues. This includes determining the need for tooth replacement or restoration, assessing the risk of tooth and root decay, and searching for signs and symptoms of gum or bone disease.
An examination will be performed to see if there are any bite or jaw problems such as misalignment of the jaws. Additionally, he will examine any prosthetic replacements, such as dentures or bridges, and discuss any adjustments that may be needed.
Dr. Goodridge will recommend treatments near the end of the dental appointment if he discovers any oral health issues. He’ll also talk about how to protect and improve the patient’s dental health through preventative measures. Dr. Goodridge may recommend a follow-up visit based on the treatment needed and the patient’s dental health.
After that, a dental hygienist will clean your teeth, removing any stains or deposits such as plaque or tartar. The visit should take no more than 90 minutes in total.
Why Should You See A Dentist On A Regular Basis?
Dental examinations are an important part of preventative health care. Regular dental visits have a number of advantages:
- Tartar and plaque buildup can be removed with a thorough cleaning.
- It helps to protect oral health, which can have an impact on a person’s overall well-being. The mouth is the first place where signs and symptoms of certain systemic diseases appear. Early detection of these diseases aids in treatment.
- It aids in the diagnosis of dental problems that do not manifest themselves until it is too late.
- Oral hygiene becomes simpler, allowing the patient to avoid oral problems like abscesses, tumours, and cysts.
- Seeing a dentist every three to six months can help you avoid developing new dental problems that would necessitate frequent visits and treatments.
Selecting The Perfect Dentist
It can be difficult and intimidating to find a good dentist. As a patient, it’s critical to find a dentist with whom you feel at ease, someone who is trustworthy and who makes you feel at ease. Speaking with your friends and family about recommendations can be beneficial.
Dr. Goodridge is a highly skilled and well-respected cosmetic dentist with proven results. A consultation with Dr. Goodridge is the best way to determine whether he is the right dentist for you. To get started, call our office today.